Peacemonger Mom

My son just enlisted in the military. I'm a peace activist. Why couldn't he have rebelled in some other way, like being republican?

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Countdown to Basic

In light of my newfound addiction to online anonymity, I won't, unfortunately be able to do a REAL countdown (as in, a countdown which gives TB's real date for shipping out). I can, however, give a general idea. Two weeks? Ten days? Yeah - somewhere in the month of August. Trust me when I say that the date is, currently, hammered onto, into and all around my heart.

TB is making an attempt to engage various members of the Insane Side of his family - i.e., those related by blood to his father. Oh, and his father. He is the king of the Insane Side of the family. You know that old bumper sticker, All men are idiots and I married their king? Yeah. That's it in a nutshell. If I believed in generalizations (I don't) I'd go for that. And the ex is stupid enough to be flattered at the idea of being king of anything, even a bunch of...well, idiots.

TB has distanced himself from my people, much to the pain of some of the smaller people in question. My sister's daughter, The Princess, is young and really wants to see TB before he leaves. This likely will not happen, as when TB enters the gates of The Compound, all is forgotten except that which is Crazy.

I am worried about TB, but I know that right now he is exactly where he wants - needs - to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home