Peacemonger Mom

My son just enlisted in the military. I'm a peace activist. Why couldn't he have rebelled in some other way, like being republican?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mom thinks I write horoscopes now.

Here's The Boy's from today, and I am not making this up:

Your mother could be on your mind today, Boy. The energy of the day could be inspiring you to think more about your family. If you aren't close to your mother, maybe that is a relationship that would benefit from some effort on your part. Think about what your mom needs right now, and see if you can build a bridge to a better friendship. It could be time to start from the present and move forward.

We haven't heard anything from him so far. I'm spending my days with video games, reading of stuff for my thesis, work on my thesis, and plans to go to Crawford to hopefully see Cindy Sheehan. Basic training begins within the next few days. Funny that Basic begins for TB at about the same time that I'm cranking up for the fall semester - going into exactly what I've always wanted to do - teach - and my own Basic Training.

I wonder what he's doing right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home