Peacemonger Mom

My son just enlisted in the military. I'm a peace activist. Why couldn't he have rebelled in some other way, like being republican?

Sunday, June 10, 2007

T Cubed: Totally Trashed by a Thesis

Will this hell never end?? I swear to God, there are days when I am working so hard on this thing I forget to eat, I forget to bathe, and I would forget to sleep, were it not for the fact that Hon passes my studio on the way to the bedroom, saying, "When are you coming to bed?"

That being said, I still know about Paris Hilton, and her Legal Issues. Being as how my thesis does deal with the media, and Cindy Sheehan the activist, said activist just having thrown in her Activist Towel, I make it a point to keep up with the news. Plus, I am addicted to the news (and not of the E! variety, but more along the lines of Jim) and also, I have a Certain Interest in the News, a/k/a The Boy and where he might soon be calling me from. (Yes, yes, that's gramatically incorrect! I know! I know! This thesis bullshit is really bringing me down) Anyway...I am not particularly enamored with the stars and how they spend their days. But great googli moogli, it's hard to avoid this Paris Fever!! And I fear that perhaps it has infected all the good folk at the various teevee stations! Get my swoonin' couch and clutch the pearls!

And the crowning jewel in the "Stupider Than a Bag of Hammers" crown? Paris herself knows, and calls out, the media for their idiocy:

I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world.
From Think Progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home