Peacemonger Mom

My son just enlisted in the military. I'm a peace activist. Why couldn't he have rebelled in some other way, like being republican?

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stasis

On the Thesis front, all is the same. I am waiting around to see if I will be taking the comps or if I will have a workable thesis out of all this work. On The Boy front, he and his girlfriend have broken up and gotten back together so many times, I'm dizzy. He still doesn't know when he's going to the desert, but he's at least still in the United States, with the biggest danger facing him currently being possible papercuts from playing cards on duty.

This has really been the strangest summer ever. I may have a job for the fall, and not be taking classes. I will know more about that tomorrow, but the idea of not taking classes? That really rings my bell, because right now, all I want to do is get a better handle on myself, my surroundings, and my life. School is really the last thing I need right now. And as far as the summer itself? It's been one long run of rain, clouds, thunderstorms - dark on the horizon, without any certainty if the storm is coming or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home